23 September, 2013

Slow Cooker Mexican Tortilla Pie

I really didn't want to make lunch today. But I knew I needed to make something because Andrew and I both work tonight. So I decided on something really simple. 


 Possibly one of the easiest things I've ever made. I first took a can of refried beans and mixed it with some salsa and garlic.


Then I took a  can of black beans and added a bit more salsa and some cilantro.



Then I lined my crock pot with tinfoil and sprayed it with cooking spray.


Put a tortilla on the bottom. I had burrito size tortillas that needed to be used and had to tear them to make the fit, but a smaller size should be able to fit right down in. I also used whole wheat tortillas, mostly because that's what I had on hand. But I'm really glad I did use them. I think they held up better than flour tortillas would have.Spread the refried bean mixture, leaving about an inch around the edges. Sprinkle a little cheese. Add another tortilla followed by black bean mixture and a little cheese.



Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. I didn't get it in and cooking until about 11:30 this morning and we pulled it out and ate at 1:00 this afternoon. It cooked really quick!

When it's finished cooking simply pull it out using the tinfoil! This means there is no washing of the crock pot, and it allows you to cut it just like you would a pie. 



Serve with sour cream and more cilantro.
Andrew enjoyed it so much he scarfed it down and then went back for seconds!


Mexican Tortilla Pie

Ingredients:
1 can Refried Beans
Salsa
2 cloves Garlic
1 can Black Beans
Chopped Cilantro
Shredded Cheese
Tortillas

Mix refried beans, 3/4 cup salsa, and garlic. In a separate bowl mix black beans, 1/2 cup salsa, and cilantro. Place a tortilla in the bottom of a crock pot lined with tinfoil. Spread with refried bean mixture, leaving about an inch around the edge. Sprinkle with cheese. Layer another tortilla and spread with the black bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue layering until you're done. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.

Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment