18 October, 2013

Food, Food, and More Food

What a week we've had! We've had a busy, crazy, fun week, as shown by pictures below (somehow most things I do revolve around food... Weird huh?)!


We had dinner with some friends that turned out being so fun! For desert I made apple pie with homemade whipped cream. Ahhh, heaven! 


It was so good and fit perfectly with the fall time weather we've been having. Their daughter was so cute! She is a year old and she had so much fun playing with the dogs. She would chase after them and then come running with look of pure terror when one of them headed her direction. She also caught on quick how to play fetch with Julie. We had a blast watching her play and have fun.

I also got to meet with my 4h girl. This year as a service project Andrew and I are doing 4h. We were each assigned to a student in the middle school who we meet with once a week to work on homework and do fun things. The little girl I meet with is super cute. She decided she wanted to learn how to make suckers, so that's just what we did! Andrew was bummed because I let her take them all home to her siblings so I made another batch just for us!


Blue Raspberry!! I forgot how much fun they were!

Then last night we went on a date! I took Andrew to see Monster's University. He had no clue what to expect but he loved it! I thought it was absolutely adorable and will be buying it in the near future. And we can't forget the large popcorn we ate while there (told you there was always food). We took the refill out to my parents for them to eat. My mother always knew I was the favorite child (wink, wink). 


And last but not least, dinner for tonight. I made 

Chicken Taquitos


Ingredients:
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup Salsa
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
2 cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tbs Cilantro, chopped
Green Onion, sliced
1 cup Cheese, shredded
2 cups Chicken, shredded
Tortillas

Combine cream cheese, salsa, cumin, chili powder, garlic, cilantro, and onion. 


Mix in chicken and cheese. 


Spoon a few tablespoons onto tortilla and roll as tightly as possible. Layer on greased cookie sheet, seam side down. Spray tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. 


Bake at 425* for  minutes and you have this lovely mixture!
Now I have to be honest. I was lazy. I only had big tortillas and I had no intention of running to the store just for a smaller size. So I used the ones I had on hand. These things were HUGE! Like... Hagrid size huge. One filled me up easily! But they tasted delightful and that's what matters, right?!


All in all it was a great week! And, to top it off, we get to head up north and see Andrew's family for fall break! And, he gets his braces off!! Wahoo! Almost just a few more months and he'll have his permanent fake teeth! Counting down!




No comments:

Post a Comment