07 October, 2013

It's a Birthday!

This post is a long time coming. I realized as I logged on today that it's been a week since I blogged! That's way too long. 
Anyway, I have lots of good things to share, but I have to get a tad bit of bad news to get out of the way first. I found out on Saturday that I didn't not get into the nursing program. I am completely depressed about it still but I am trying to get over it (I may or may not have eaten my way through half of a pumpkin pie single-handedly yesterday). 

My sweet parents brought me these to cheer me up. 

We haven't decided if I will reapply here or wait till we find out where we will end up with Andrew's work. I will be a nurse eventually... I just might not be one in the timeline I had planned out.

Alright, that's all the bad news I have. The rest is fantastic news!

Andrew found out he got an externship with Deloit next summer! He'll go spend three or four days in Vegas and spend time working with this company and getting to know the people there. This is such a huge opportunity for him and I am so excited! He also applied for a few internships, where he would be working for a company for up to three months. We are still waiting to hear back on those but we're hopeful they will turn out good results. 

So... today is my birthday!! Yay for being 21!! Anywho, Andrew had class and work today so we decided to celebrate all weekend instead. Saturday night Andrew took me up on the mountain to a pretty spot overlooking Cedar. There we made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner! It was so much fun! He knows just how to cheer me up when I'm feeling down. Then yesterday we had a dinner with my family while we watched General Conference (see here or here). My mother, who is an amazing cook and I hope to be as good as her someday, made Cafe Rio style salads with sweet pork! YUM! I brought apple crisp and pumpkin pie for dessert. Man I love my family! They spoil me so much! 

I got this cute shirt from my mom

And this smokin' hot jacket from Andrew

And Andrew MADE this necklace! That boy is wonderful!

I also got some stuff to decorate my house which I cannot wait to put up!
All in all it was a good birthday! I am the most spoiled girl there ever was!

And now, of course, I have to share with you this new recipe. Well, actually it's not new, I make it all the time. I love making pizza, but Andrew isn't a huge fan of marinara sauce, so it took me a little while to find a pizza that he really enjoyed. The funny part about it is that he enjoys the most simple recipe more than any of the others.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Let me know what you think!

This recipe is very simple.All you need is your pizza dough (I used pita bread because I had some on hand to make personal pizzas and I didn't want to make dough. My favorite recipe for pizza dough is found in Our Best Bites. I've tried a lot of different recipes and this one was the best), BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, chopped onion, and spinach (fresh or frozen). 

Spread BBQ sauce on the pitta bread or pizza dough.

Sprinkle with cheese.

Add chicken and onion.  

Top with spinach, a little more cheese, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce (if you can make that look good then props to you). 

Bake on 350* for 20 minutes. 

BBQ Chicken Pizza
Ingredients:
Pizza dough
BBQ Sauce
Shredded Chicken
Shredded Cheese
Chopped Onion
Fresh or frozen Spinach

Spread dough with BBQ sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Then add chicken, onion, and spinach. Add a little more cheese and BBQ sauce and bake on 350* for 20 minutes. 






1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the Nursing program! :( But Heavenly Father always has something great in store when things like that happen. :) And when you do get in, you're gonna rock being a nurse!
    Also, I LOVE that jacket! Andrew has good taste :)
    We need to party again soon, but I'm glad you had a good birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete