01 October, 2013

Macaroni Chicken Casserole

Holy cow! I just realized it's been a week since I've been on here! That's not good. Anywho, I have the most amazing recipe ever on the whole face of the earth to share with you today. I made it a couple of days ago and just realized today that I deleted all the pictures... oops. But you don't have to take my word for it. Go make it and see how good it looks and then how good it tastes. 
This recipe is something we grew up on. We had it at least once a week for dinner, and there were never left overs. I've shared this with friends and their kids always enjoy this as well. Eat this. Trust me. You will not regret it. 

Macaroni Chicken Casserole

1 cup uncooked macaroni                ½ tsp. mustard
2 cups diced, cooked chicken           ½ cup milk
1 can cream of chicken soup                ½ cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese            1 cup soft bread crumbs
2 Tbs. melted butter

Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.  Combine soup, mustard, milk, cheese, and onion.  Add the chicken and macaroni.  Put into a casserole dish.  Combine the melted butter and bread crumbs; sprinkle of chicken mixture.  Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.

*NOTE* You will want to DOUBLE or TRIPLE the butter and bread crumbs. This is the part that we always fought over. It makes it especially good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment