11 November, 2013

Ragnar Las Vegas!!

We had such a fun weekend! Andrew got to run the Vegas Ragnar this weekend. We drove down Thursday night and got to our condo. Andrew's cousins Kristine and Ben were also running with him and they stayed with us that first night. They were all in the second van so they didn't even have to leave for their safety briefing and check in until 1:30 pm. We took our time getting up and having breakfast. Andrew worked on some homework and Kristine and Ben went for a walk before they needed to eat and get ready to go. After they left I spent all Friday and Saturday morning doing what ever I wanted! I went shopping and read a good book and did absolutely nothing! It was wonderful. I got some shopping done for Andrew and I and I was also able to get some of our Christmas shopping done (I can't believe it's already that time of year). 

All the guys at the finish line. Their shirts say "I'm Just a Big Freakin Ray of Sunshine." The girls wore superman shirts that even had attached capes!

His Vegas Ragnar medal and his Saints and Sinners medal. That makes three total! 

And now for some more exciting news. Andrew got an internship! The best part? It's here in Cedar. This is good news for us because it means he won't be living away form me for up to 4 months! His internship is in the Internal Audit Department at SUU. He was so excited I just had to get him some new work clothes. I almost said a new outfit but guys don't wear outfits. 

Look at how handsome he is!! I married a stud! He was so excited to start today. That's all he's talked about since he got home. I think he's going to really like this. 

He also decided to pose for me.  

Tonight for dinner I made another of our favorites. 

Hot Dog Pasta
Ingredients:
1 lb noodles
1 tbs butter
1 chopped onion
1 can tomato soup
1 can tomato sauce
1\2 cup water
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 dash Tabasco
1 pkg hot dogs

Cook noodles. While cooking melt butter and saute onion. Add all other ingredients except hot dogs. Add hot dogs and allow to simmer until noodles are done cooking. Add to mixture and enjoy.

No noodles in this picture but the hot dogs are my favorite part anyway! This is my go to recipe when I'm short on time. It's so quick and easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. 

And now for our excitement of the night. We were just getting back from walking the dogs. We let them off the leashes on the front lawn like we always do. They do their thing and come right inside. We let Katie in and turned around but Julie was gone. The next thing we hear is this terrified whine down the street. And the whine doesn't stop. The next thing we notice is her being chased by two big dogs. One looked like a boxer and the other was just as big. These two big dogs chased her down the street and she was outrunning them!! These also happened to be the same two dogs who attacked Katie and I while on a walk this spring. She got tired of running and just wanted to be safe and headed for the front door. The problem was we had shut it to keep Katie inside. These two dogs kept on top of her and she couldn't go anywhere.  We also couldn't get between them without getting bit or anything. Our kicking was not phasing these dogs at all. It didn't matter how hard we kicked, it was like they didn't even notice us. I was finally able to get a hold of one of the dogs by the collar. Andrew opened the door to let her in and the other dog ran in after her. This is what made me the most mad. This stupid freaking dog was in my house!!! Julie was so scared she pooped herself (literally). She just couldn't get away from him. The other dog wanted in and I couldn't get in front of him so I ended up being outside for most of the time. The dog chased Julie around the house and only stopped when Andrew broke the bar stool over it's back. We were finally able to get them outside and I ended up calling animal control. Julie was bleeding in a few places, and they had come into my house, and it was the second time and I felt like it needed to be reported. It was quite the excitement. Julie got a bath and we gave her some food and she finally calmed down and quite shaking. But she wouldn't even play fetch with me! (that is a surefire sign that something is wrong, like being scared to death). Also, in case anyone is wondering, Andrew got the stool put back together and working like new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment