31 January, 2013

Nail Polish


Who knew that this little bottle of nail polish would be so important. Yesterday, as I was getting ready for work, I was in a pretty big hurry, seeing as I had slept WAY too long. Throughout my madness running around the house to make sure I had everything I needed, I stopped for some reason. Don't ask me why, but I decided to waste precious time to grab some finger nail polish. Crazy, right? I mean, it's not like I'd ever in a million years have time to actually sit down and paint my nails at work anyway. But for some reason I thought I needed it. 
Fast forward a few hours. I got the chance to take care of one pretty amazing little girl.A pretty sick little girl. She was being so brave while everyone poked and prodded her. I got her to talk to me, trying to distract her from everything else going on around her, and I found out that her favorite color was pink! And that she was supposed to have her nails painted that very day, but then she got sick and it couldn't happen. Hmmm....
She was so excited when I told her that I just happened to have some pink nail polish and that I'd paint her nails for her. It is definitely moments like this that make me love my job.

3 comments:

  1. Precious! Reminds me of Pres. Eyring's talk last conference about following our impressions! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Nicole. I am sure you made that girls day.

    ReplyDelete